- Verizon Wireless named Jack Plating executive vice president and COO. Plating, who currently serves as president of the company's South Area, will oversee Verizon Wireless' nationwide sales and customer service operations, product development and marketing.
- LitePoint has released a tri-band version of the IQmax one-box test system. In addition to the 3.3 to 3.8GHz band already supported by the single-band version of the instrument, the IQmax Test System now supports testing fixed and mobile WiMAX products in the 2.15 to 2.7 GHz and 4.9 to 6.0 GHz bands as well as optional test support for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth products, the company says.
- Boingo Wireless announced the addition of six Wi-Fi partners to the Boingo Roaming System in Europe. The deals will enable the company to expand its Boingo hot spot offerings in Germany, Spain, Greece and the Netherlands.
- VeriFone Holdings announced that its wireless payment solutions will be used by Global Cash Access (GCA) as the portable cash authorization platform it will provide in Macau's casinos and other locations worldwide. GCA, a provider of cash access products and related services to the gaming industry, has been beta testing its portable cash authorization application in Atlantic City locations using VeriFone's Vx 610 solution with Wi-Fi communications.
- LignUp, a provider of converged communications solutions, announced Color Broadband has expanded its wireless VoIP services, which are powered by the LignUp Communications Application Server. The expansion includes the delivery of wireless VoIP directly to business customers.
- MetroBridge Networks announced it has completed its acquisition of a last mile wireless ISP in Phoenix, Ariz. The purchase will enable the company to expand its service offering into the U.S.
- Tropos Networks and Integral Wireless Solutions (IWS) announced that Colgate University is providing live Wi-Fi services to the college campus and downtown Hamilton, New York. Future applications for the network, according to the companies, include VoIP and asset tracking capability for laptops, audio visual equipment, textbooks and files.